Congratulations to the first-time parents who welcomed their beautiful bundle of joy this year!
Parenting is hard for sure. From bathing to clothing, eating, and wellbeing, you have to look over a number of aspects to make sure your little one stays hale and hearty.
As a parent, it’s important for you to choose the right crib to ensure your baby enjoys sound sleep every single day.
With a plethora of options available today, choosing the perfect crib for babies can be a daunting task for new parents.
This guide discusses what to look for when purchasing a baby crib that is good & safe for you and your baby.
1. Look for types
Different types of cribs serve different purposes.
- Fixed cribs: This is a fixed furniture piece that comes in different sizes and designs along with extra features.
- Portable cribs: It has lockable wheels that make it easy to carry it from one place to another without any hassle.
- Convertible cribs: This crib can be converted to a toddler bed given its flexible design and features.
Wood is a popular material for baby cribs and is available in different styles, designs and features. Choose what’s good for your baby and fits in the decor as well.
2. Safety standards
As a parent, safety should be your topmost concern when buying a crib. Some of the safety features to ensure your baby is protected are:
- Ensure that the crib has a safety certification from a recognised company
- Locks on every side of the crib must be secure and tight
- Avoid buying crib bumpers as these could cause suffocation
- The crib must have a strong and tight-fitting mattress
- No missing or broken hardware
- Handles must be sturdy
- Look for any sharp edges
Is it a good idea to buy cheap or overused cribs for your baby?
Not at all.
As the use and need for cribs are for a shorter time, people often look for a low-quality piece.
However, a poor and substandard crib has less durability and you may have to pay huge in the long run.
Don’t compromise with the safety of your child. Buy a crib from a reputable brand in the industry.
Crib bedding is a very important element to consider.
To create a comfortable crib bedding for your child,
- choose the size of the mattress that goes with the size of the crib itself
- avoid buying small bedding
- buy a well-fitted sheet and a waterproof pad for bedding needs
- bedding must be machine washable
5. Additional features
One should invest in a crib that comes with extra features to facilitate the needs of your baby in a better way.
Some of the additional features to look for are:
- Adjustable mattress: Many crib mattresses come with an adjustable height feature that stimulate sound sleep.
- Drawers: Some cribs have drawers for storage purposes.
- Teething rail: It gives the baby an extra toy to play with and to protect the little one’s teeth and gums.
- Casters: These are important for moving the crib.
Babies spend almost two to three years of their life in a crib, so make sure you perceive it as an investment and buy the best crib on the market.
Find out the pros and cons of the shortlisted products, talk to other parents, read online reviews, etc. After all, it is about your baby and every effort is worth making.
From natural mattresses to baby cribs, organic covers, baby cot, and so much more, we have a premium range of baby and kids products in Singapore.