Did you know newborns sleep between 14-17 hours a day?
From infants to toddlers, and creche-aged kids, every child needs an adequate amount of sleep, else they become cranky.
Moreover, kids who sleep well have better focus, and enjoy overall mental and physical well-being.
Are you struggling to get your baby to fall asleep?
Check out these sleep-time essentials that can help your kids to doze off to dreamland easily:
1. A baby crib
While many parents sleep with their kids for the first few months, a crib is a comfy and best place to make little ones sleep faster and longer.
The baby crib must meet all the safety standards like:
- Check for any broken corners
- Look for other issues like chipped paint, loose or missing screws, and other hardware issues
- Never place a crib near the window
- Don’t place a crib near hanging cords or drapes
- No stuffed toys in the crib leaving little room for the baby’s movements
2. Comfortable mattress
A cosy, flat, and snuggly mattress can help your child get enough sleep.
There are some points to consider when buying a mattress for your baby:
- Certified and non-toxic
- No more than 2 fingers’ width of space between the mattress and the bed end
- Fits the cot tightly without leaving spaces
Choosing the right mattress not only ensures good sleep to your baby, but also prevents sudden infant death syndrome (SIDS). For a comfortable mattress, buy our non-toxic and safe baby mattresses from our store!
3. Sleep Sacks
Sleep Sacks are growing in demand as other regular blankets can increase the risk of SIDS, suffocation, and can cause breathing problems in your child.
Other benefits of using a sleep sack are:
- Better quality sleep
- Provides a high degree of security
- A great way to soothe and calm a crying child
- Helps babies maintain the correct body temperature
- Keeps your child warm
4. Blackout shades
Light-blocking drapes or curtains can be the best buddy your baby would need to sleep, especially during daytime.
Whether the sun is glaring, lightning or lights are switched on, with the help of the blackout window solutions, your little one can sleep well without any disturbance.
When it's time for your baby to wake up, open the shades to let some natural light enter the room.
5. Glider/rocking chair
High-quality gliders can offer peace of mind to parents who constantly pamper their babies throughout the night. They are beneficial as it can help your baby to fall asleep faster.
Some other benefits are:
- Babies love bouncing and rocking motions
- A perfect product to cuddle your child
- A comfortable place to feed
- Help babies relax
- Extremely soothing
Not all child are the same
While it's quite true that sleep needs vary from child to child.
However, these essentials can really help your child have better sleep and will eventually make them happy.
Browse a range of premium quality, non-toxic baby products like cribs, playmats, cotton covers, toilet seats, and so much more on our website.